Sunday, October 07, 2007

Marpa, Up to Date

(anything is possible)

Marpa: Hello? Who is speaking?

Milarepa: It's me.

Marpa: Who?

Milarepa: Me!

Marpa: Who?

Milarepa: It's me, Milarepa!

Marpa: Who?

Milarepa: It's me... Milarepa... the house... you know?

Marpa: So what can I do for you?

Milarepa: Well, that's just the thing. I'm building this house for you, and I just wondered, like...what do you think I should do about my dog?

Marpa: Your what?

Milarepa: My dog! I really love my dog, my dog really loves me... but, like.... I want to have clear decks while I build this house for you.

Marpa: How the hell should I know?

Milarepa: Oh, wow... never thought of that! Gee... thanks, Marpa!

(ring, ring, ring... a little while later)

Marpa: Hello? Who is speaking?

Milarepa: It's me.

Marpa: Who?

Milarepa: Me!

Marpa: Who?

Milarepa: It's me, Milarepa!

Marpa: Yes?

Milarepa: Sorry to bother you.

Marpa: Just spit it out.

Milarepa: Well, about this house... I mean... I'm just trying to understand.... like, I don't know you so well and all... but, how come your other students don't build this house for you?

Marpa: What house is that?

Milarepa: This house! The house I'm going to build for you!

Marpa: Make yourself happy.

Milarepa: Uh......

(ring, ring, ring.... a little while later)

Marpa: Don't tell me. Let me guess....

Milarepa: You know, Marpa... I mean, like... I really, really respect you and all, but this whole house concept is busting my hump... so, do you think you could get some lamas or something to like...well...like, just say you are, like.... well, ummmm.....

Marpa: Do I know you?

(ring, ring, ring... a little while later)

Marpa: Grand Central Station.

Milarepa: You mad at me?

Marpa: I love you like a son.

Milarepa: I love you too.

Marpa: I love you more.

Milarepa: I'd do anything for you.

Marpa: Then pretty please...with sugar on it... go build the freakin' house.

Milarepa: I'm all over it! I'll have it done in the morning! Even I have to kill myself!

(ring, ring, ring... early next morning)

Marpa: Say what?

Milarepa: Good morning, Marpa.

Marpa: What's go good about it?

Milarepa: You sleep well?

Marpa: What is it now?

Milarepa: Well, the thing is... I went to build the house, but my car broke down, so I was wondering if you could could come over here and give me a ride to go build the house.

Marpa: Hold your breath until I get there.

(ring, ring, ring)

Marpa: Yes, Mila...

Milarepa: It's O.K. now, Marpa. It really is O.K. this time, I swear.

Marpa: Yes?

Milarepa: I got a bunch of rocks and a wheelbarrow and I thought we would probably need green tea and so forth, so I got that, and here is my paperwork, and my blood type, and.....

Marpa: Whoa!

Milarepa: Ye...Yes...?

Marpa: Bottom line it, baby... while I'm still young.

Milarepa: Well, the thing is... I never built a house before, so I was wondering if you could come over here and show me what to do with all this stuff.

Marpa: Who's building this house? You, or me?

[-=to be continued=-]

Stumble Upon Toolbar